29 Jan 2012

I see the lights

Last Friday I went to the lichtfestival of Gent. That's eh a festival of light :) This year was the second edition of it, and actually the first time I've heard of it.

It was the most wonderful thing I've ever seen and I'm not exaggerating!
Al ready when we arrived in the centre of the city to eat something, there was a weird, magical atmosphere. We decided to eat outside on the terrace and kept telling each other that it felt like the Revolution (if you know Bobejaanland) or Droomvlucht (if you know de Efteling) or Disneyland (but I've never been there), anyway you get my point. It was amazing.

Unfortunately we didn't had a map so we just followed the mass. And that's why we didn't saw everything, but what we've seen already was definitely impressive.
Untill next year?

Serge Ego, SLEIDINGE

Anneleen Van Hoey, Gent

Christine Eloot, Wetteren

Thomas Dekiere, Izegem

Wouter Van Crombruggen, Gent

Agnès Van de Voorde, Everbeek

Sara Van der Paelt, Gent

Leen Van de walle, OVERIJSE

Check this fragment if you want an impression. (There are both fragments from '11 and '12)

All pictures from gentenaar/lichtfestival.be

And tonight is the last time, take your chance I'd say! :)


PS. I forgot to tell you the best part!
Last year the difference in energy use was barely noticable, and this time it won't be different.
There are used 55 000 LED-lights with each just 20kWh and the blue birds from Maeterlinck (second pic) are even energy-neutralizing!

8 comments:

  1. I love your blog. You 2 make the best photos. The photos are beautiful. You have a great sense of humor. I followed you on both GFC and Bloglovin. Thank You, for the lovely comment on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, I really wanted to see this. Sounds like it was great fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow the pics looks so fun!!! i'd like to attend one of these one day!!! very cool indeed!!! the lights looks fabulous at night
    ove to catch up with ur upcoming posts aswell.. how abt we follow each other??? Let me know here @ More2mystylediary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wauw, wat gaaf. Ik had er nog nooit van gehoord.
    Liefs, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. woow heel gaaf, huh hoe zit dat met die vissen?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, those pictures are amazing! That must have been wonderful to see in person!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woohoow, that's my name below one of the photos. Thanks for the credit. Feel free to watch some of my other photographs on my blog: ThdK Photography

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment and make my day. :)